Deploy with Deta¶
Learn to self-host an RSSerpent instance on deta.sh (for free) through this tutorial.
In order to deploy on Deta, you need to create an account at https://web.deta.sh first.
After successful registration & sign-in, you will need to create an access token so that RSSerpent could help you do the rest!
- Go to your home page
- Click the Settings tab, then click the Create Token button;
- Copy the generated access token to your clipboard.
Read Deta's document if you have any question/concern about the access token.
Use the Template¶
RSSerpent provides a Deta deployment template. You will need an GitHub account before continuing.
- Go to the template on GitHub;
- Click the green Use this template button.
You will be prompted to create a repository based on the template. After successful creation:
- Go to your repository's Settings tab;
- Go to the Secrets section, click the New repository secret button;
- Create a secret whose name is DETA_TOKEN and whose value is the Deta access token you just created.
GitHub will need the access token so that it could automatically deploy your RSSerpent instance on Deta.
- Go to your repository -> Actions tab -> All workflows -> Update, click the Run workflow button to manually trigger the first deployment;
- Go to your deta.sh home page -> default project -> Micros, select rsserpent, you will see the domain name of your instance (usually https://xxxxxx.deta.dev/) at the top-right corner.
Open that domain in your browser. If you see the "Welcome to RSSerpent!" message, congratulations, you are good to go!
If you wish to add RSSerpent plugins, read Install Plugins.
If you need a custom domain, read Deta's document.